Followers

Sunday 12 October 2008

LEVEL 2- Digital animation: week one

Back for my second year studying digital animation and the year ahead looks busy. I was keen to find out what type of work I would be doing this year and refreshing myself with all the software. This week has given me a lot to think about. The maya lessons and advanced maya tutorials are something i am looking forward to the most. I agree with george that the industry is moving towards computer animation and its is certainly the most successful medium of animation in feature film length animation. This year Pixar, Dreamworks and Warner Bros have all released computer animated films. My goal this year is to be able to use the software to create animations and try expressing my ideas through a more modern medium.
The lighting and sound side of level two will help me gain a better understanding of how a shot is put together and i hope to produce a really good quality sound track and be comfortable using the sound editing software. I hope to be ale to learn about lighting in 3D animation through the advanced maya classes.
I have already started doing mind mapping ideas for the pitch in December. I hope to be able to produce a series of short animations that could be shown as a late night comedy on a music channel. My initial ideas stem from an animated graphic version of a chart show to a music news spoof with animated celebrity characters.
The animated Exeter ident will give me an oppurtunity to share ideas with a group of people by taking different roles in a short animation hopefully we can achieve a really creative Ident that could be shown at the festival.
This next week i will be developing my ideas for the Ident and hopefully produce a completed storyboard for it as well as coming up with a final idea for the pitch animation.

No comments: